KEPT Fit Gym opens 14th September 2015August 20, 2015
KEPT Fit is now open!September 13, 2015
The Prowler Sled
The Prowler Sled is a piece of equipment rarely seen in a traditional gym, but KEPT Fit are keen to use it with our members. It is a piece of kit that is multi-functional by nature which can develop functional strength; working the whole body through numerous muscles and joints active in exercise.
How is it used?
The Prowler sled can be pushed, pulled and dragged. Using time as the measure it can be used to improve sprint times or add weights to make it heavier to improve muscular endurance.
Why do we use it?
- The Prowler Sled is fantastic for whole body workouts. This means by using the Sled you get a big calorie burn in a short space of time and you will see great cardio improvements too.
- It’s easy to use; we will teach you simple pushing and pulling techniques to get the most from your training and stay safe.
- There are numerous ways you can use it;
- Improve speed
- Improve endurance
- Improve explosive power
- By doing intervals
- By doing sled suicides
- By doing sled pulls
- It is safe to use on your own; you don’t need a spotter. If it is too heavy you just wont be able to push or pull it.
- It’s up to you to work hard and it makes you…it won’t move unless you put the effort in…so dig deep.
- It’s a fun piece of equipment that can provide variety to training. Enjoy the challenge!
- It’s a piece of equipment anyone can use but it can be a great advantage for sport specific training where speed, power and endurance is a key component.
Intrigued….come and visit us at our open days